The Monash MBA – Finsia Scholarship
The Monash MBA – Finsia Scholarship is a joint initiative of Finsia and Monash Business School to support and promote the development of emerging finance professionals in in Australia.
The scholarship provides full tuition fee waiver for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Melbourne to an exceptional Finsia member with demonstrated contribution to the financial services sector, emerging leadership capabilities, outstanding academic record and proven professional experience.
One successful applicant will be receive admission and a full tuition fee waiver for the program fees commencing 2017, valued at over $61,000.
How the recipient is chosen
Finsia and Monash have opened this scholarship to current members of Finsia. If you're not currently a member of Finsia, and are interested in the scholarship, you are invited to join Finsia before applying.
Applicants must meet both the standard Monash MBA requirements, and the additional Finsia scholarship criteria. You will be ranked based on the selection criteria, which includes an academic record, leadership achievements, contribution to the financial services industry, and future leadership potential.
The recipient will be chosen by a selection panel including representatives from both the Monash Business School and Finsia. The scholarship will be awarded to the highest ranked eligible applicant.
What you need to apply
Applicants will be required to provide the following documentation:
- Certified academic transcripts
- Two professional referees in a position of seniority who can attest to your work experience in the financial sector. Please include: full name, company name, position title and contact details (phone and email).
- Statement of purpose addressing the 3 key points outlined below (maximum 1000 words)
Your statement of purpose should address the following:
- Your demonstrated contribution (in the capacity of your current or previous role) to the raising of professional standards in the financial services sector. We are looking for specific examples of where you have personally been involved in contributing to the professionalism of finance and raising industry standards;
- How you intend to use this experience and qualification to support your goals. We are looking for specific behavioral examples of how this program will assist you in your leadership aspirations;
- A statement outlining why you believe you should receive financial assistance in the form of a full fee waiver in order to complete the program.
Find out more about the Monash MBA.
To apply, you must be a current Finsia member. Fill out the scholarship application here and attach your supporting documentation.
Not a member yet? Sign up for Finsia membership first.
- Applications close Sunday 13 November 2016.
- Award recipient to be announced before 30 November 2016.
If you have questions about membership or the application process, email email@example.com or call 02 9275 7900.