Develop the practical skills that will ensure you can apply ethical decision-making in your role as a financial services professional.
This three-and-a-half hour program explores the meaning of 'ethics' and why it is so important to have an ability to think critically about ethical behaviour in financial services to ensure the right customer outcomes.
By the end of this program you will:
- Develop a basic understanding of ethical theory and how it can be applied to everyday dilemmas with tips on how to make better, more ethical decisions.
- Gain an understanding of your default ethical perspective when resolving ethical issues.
- Improve your ability to recognise when an ethical dilemma is present and enhance your decision when trying to resolve it.
- Learn how to differentiate between several views on the responsibilities of a business, to assess key ethical issues and challenges.
- Be able to apply a simple five step process to help resolve ethical dilemmas. Learn how to pause to reflect on your experience, and the implications of the information in front of you.
- Understand the link between professionalism and ethical decision making and the impact they have on an organisation’s culture and community perceptions.
- Have an overview of current ethical issues with Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
Completing the course online takes around three-and-a-half hours.
This program is delivered digitally over 11 units, with a final multiple choice assessment.
Made for Australia
Developed for the Australian Market by FINSIA.
Who is this for?
This program is ideal for people in a range of roles and industries. Whether you’re in banking and finance or you work in an adjacent industry, this course is designed to increase your knowledge of ethics and to provide you with practical tools to assist in your decision making.
For new members, a 12-month Student Membership is included in the enrolment fee. Being a FINSIA member enables you to build your professional profile through networking events and access relevant content to reinforce your study.
Designed to be conveniently accessible with an online multiple choice assessment.
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location and complete at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience that will show the importance of ethical behaviour.
Learning materials will stimulate your ability to think critically about Ethics in Practice.
FINSIA's practitioner-led approach is valued by the largest financial institutions, start-ups, investors and regulators.
What do I get when I finish the course?
Ethics in Practice Statement of Completion
On Successful completion a Statement of Attainment will be issued by FINSIA.