Choose your first module
To be a Certified Professional Banker, you will need to take one (1) mandatory module and two (2) elective modules in any order. You may purchase one module at a time.
Professional Banking Fundamentals
If you want to build your career prospects, meaningfully contribute to your organisation's strategy and serve your customers better - then this qualification is for you. Designed in conjunction with local and international experts, the qualification will enhance your understanding of the industry, products and services to develop the crucial acumen that will enable you to add value in an ethical and professional way.
This course was developed for the Australasian market in association with the Chartered Banker Institute (UK) - the only body in the world able to confer the status of Chartered Banker and is internationally recognised.
An Australian and a New Zealand version of this qualification are available.
Two versions of the Professional Banking Fundamentals are available. One developed specifically for the Australian market and one for the New Zealand market. Please select your country below to enrol in the relevant version.
On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Understand the Australian Business Banking environment, products and services offered and associated legislative and regulatory framework.
- Explain the principles of business lending and understand the services that banks provide to support key business sectors.
- Understand financial statements, their structure and analysis.
- Understand the principles and types of security.
- Understand the process of credit assessment and management of credit risk.
- Explain how banks can build customer advocacy through relationship management and help meet the financial needs and goals of business banking customers.
Students who complete this module will be able to:
- Understand the nature and characteristics of consumer credit products and services.
- Investigate and understand how income and revenue streams can support consumer lending together with the regulatory and legislative frameworks relating to consumer lending.
- Understand securities for consumer lending.
- Understand the importance of providing clear and appropriate communication in delivering professional sales and service to customers.
- Understand how to provide support and options to customers experiencing financial change and potential servicing difficulties with their loans.
- Describe and apply the principles of lending.
Risk Management for Banking
Develop your knowledge of risk and risk management and an understanding of an individual's role in contributing to an effective risk culture that supports the bank's strategy.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of current trends and influences on the types of risk to which banks are exposed due to the nature of their activities, and the implications of emerging risks for effective risk management;
- Assess the extent that regulatory responses to bank failures and financial crises have been effective in improving bank risk management;
- Assess the ways in which banks manage a range of key risks;
- Critically reflect on the extent to which adoption of a holistic approach to risk management is effective in measuring, monitoring and mitigating risks to which a bank is exposed;
- Critically assess the ways in which best practice in risk management could be applied to build and embed an effective risk culture;
- Formulate a view on what the bank of the future may look like and the implications for bank risk management.