Terms and Conditions
You agree that your use of this website is subject to FINSIA's rules, regulations, by-laws and policies as laid down from time to time, including those which are outlined in this statement.
FINSIA, its officers, employees, agents and advisers:
- are not responsible, or liable for, the accuracy, currency and reliability of any information appearing on this website
- make no express or implied representation or warranty that any estimate or forecast will be achieved or that any statement as to future matters contained in this website will prove correct
- expressly disclaim any and all liability arising from the information contained in this website including, without limitation, errors in, or omissions contained in that information
- except so far as liability under any statute cannot be excluded, accept no responsibility arising in any way from errors in, or omissions from this website, or in negligence
- accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of that person, or any other person, placing any reliance on the contents of this website
- assume no duty of disclosure or fiduciary duty to any interested party.
FINSIA claims copyright ownership of all information on this website, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Links to other sites
FINSIA's website contains links to the websites of other organisations. FINSIA does not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information contained within these linked websites. FINSIA does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur as a result of the use of, or reliance upon, the materials which appear at any linked site.
FINSIA respects the intellectual property rights of others. You should be aware that material found on linked sites is likely to be protected by copyright and may also contain trade marks and other protected information. It is your responsibility to use the material on each linked site in accordance with the site's specific terms and conditions of use.
Terms and Conditions Education
Assessment Arrangements for Students with a Disability
Membership fees will not be refunded by FINSIA except under the following circumstances:
- Where an application for membership is declined by FINSIA; and
- Where exceptional circumstances prevent a member from continuing their membership (written applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis).
Professional development and event refunds
Our event refund policy comprises of the following clauses:
- FINSIA reserves the right to alter the event, program or presenter(s) without further notice, however the event or program is intended to run as advertised. FINSIA reserves the right to cancel this activity due to insufficient numbers; registrants will be notified if this occurs and payment refunded in full.
- Individual cancellations must be advised in writing and received by FINSIA before 5pm, 5 working days prior to the start of the event.
- Due to current covid outbreaks and venue contracts Group Cancellations must be advised in writing by 5pm, 10 working days prior to the start of the event. These cancellations will be refunded in full. Refunds will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend an event or cancels less than the required working days before the activity. Substitutions may be made at any time subject to the applicable registration rate where an additional payment may apply.
- Registrations must be accompanied by full payment. Registrants will be liable for payment in the event of non-attendance unless cancellation or request for transfer is made.
- Refunds will be processed via the same method used for payment. Covid-19 is impacting on our refund processing times and you may experience a delay in receiving your refund.
- Attendees who fail to attend an event without prior notification will forego the entire registration fee.
- If you are unable to attend an event due to Government-imposed restrictions related to COVID-19, and there is a Virtual attendance option available, your ticket will automatically become valid for the Virtual event. If the event is cancelled by FINSIA, you will be issued a full refund.
- If you are unwell or experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, you must not attend the in-person event. If there is a Virtual attendance option available, your ticket will automatically become valid for the Virtual event, and you will be given access to recorded sessions after the event has concluded. Should you attend while experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you will not be permitted entry.