Understand the main elements of green finance
Managing climate-related risks and supporting the transition to a low-carbon world are our most significant global challenges. Achieving these requires the combined efforts of global bodies, national governments and the financial services sector, putting sustainability and stewardship at the heart of finance.
The Certificate provides you with a comprehensive overview and understanding of the evolving Green Finance Sector and sustainable finance;
- Introduces green and sustainable finance in the context of retail, commercial and wholesale banking, central and development banks, insurance and investment sectors;
- Covers the science of climate change and the role of the financial system in the natural world;
- Global, international and national policy, regulatory and industry responses to support flows of finance for sustainable growth;
- Identifying, disclosing and reporting climate-related financial risks, and other environmental and sustainability risks;
- Introduces key sustainable finance frameworks/principles (e.g. UN SDGs, PRI/PRB, TCFD, Green Bond and Green Loan Principles;
- Supporting customers in their transition to sustainability;
- Overview of green and sustainable FinTech;
- Ethical dimensions of green and sustainable finance, and the role of Green and Sustainable Finance ProfessionalsTM.
Please note that the exam will be available from July 2023.
Total Program Fee
Please allow up to 10 business days for your enrolment to be processed by Chartered Banker Institute.
For further information, or to arrange a call with a FINSIA Relationship Manager please email [email protected] or click ‘Request Info’ above.
World's first benchmark qualification for Green Finance
The Chartered Banker Institute launched the world’s first global, benchmark qualification for the green and sustainable finance sector.
Recommended study time of 130 hours can generally be completed in two months.
There are no entry requirements, and no prior knowledge of the Green Finance sector is assumed.
Delivered online which means you can start and complete anytime.
Awarded by the Chartered Banker Institute, developed by the Chartered Body Alliance.
Who is this for?
The broad introduction to the key concepts covered makes it suitable for a range of individuals:
Bankers, insurers, investment managers, central bankers and regulators, risk managers, analysts and consultants who want to increase their knowledge in this area of growing importance in financial services.
The Chartered Banker Institute’s learning management solution reinforces key learning objectives.
Digital Study Guide
Delivered via a comprehensive digital study guide which breaks up learning into bite size units.
Each unit is followed by a short concept-check test or quiz to confirm your understanding.
The first attempt at the 50 multiple-choice question quiz is included in the cost.
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Access an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Developed for the Australian market in consultation with senior industry practitioners.
What do I get when I finish the course?
Success in this exam leads to the Chartered Banker Institute Green and Sustainable Finance Certificate and achievement of the GSFP (Green and Sustainable Finance Professional) professional designation. The use of the professional designation GSFP is reliant on continued membership of the Chartered Banker Institute.
Geoff Toone F FIN
The Certificate in Green and Sustainable Finance has been both challenging and enlightening. The course content stretches your traditional finance mindset. A very positive learning experience done in a flexible format.