This microlearning course provides an outline of the regulatory and legislative framework that supports the banking sector of Australia.
It examines why we need legislation and regulation in banking and the key legal and regulatory requirements that apply.
The course also provides an outline of the role, purpose and functions of Australia’s regulators, the central bank and key international regulatory bodies.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for banking and allied professionals. It is designed to provide critical knowledge to help you understand Australia’s regulatory framework for the financial sector and how key international regulatory bodies interact with Australian financial sector regulation.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of financial services regulation.
- Outline the role of the Treasury and the Council of Financial Regulators in the Regulatory Framework.
- Outline the elements of financial services regulation in Australia.
- Describe the core roles and responsibilities of the RBA, ASIC, APRA, ACCC and AUSTRAC.
- Explain the purpose of key ASIC regulatory guides.
- Describe the role of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) and the Banking Executive Accountability Regime (BEAR), including the pending expansion to the Financial Accountability Regime (FAR) in the financial sector.
- Describe how key international regulatory bodies interact with the financial sector regulation in Australia.
CPD: 1 hour
Duration: 60 minutes
The course material is presented online to give you maximum flexibility – study when and where it suits your schedule. Access to the content is available for 3 months.
Made for Australia
Developed for the Australian Market by FINSIA.
Develop new skills and knowledge leading to promotions, and better job opportunities.
It's a great way to invest in yourself and your future.
What do I get when I finish the course?
On successful completion, a Certificate of Completion will be issued by FINSIA.
Express your interest now